Trainee Regional Business Manager
Due to continued growth, we have an opportunity for a Trainee Regional Business Manager to join the AGS team on a permanent full-time basis, based at Lutton, near Peterborough.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic graduate looking for their first role in the commercial agricultural sector. This is a perfect opportunity to join an existing business in an entry level position, whether you are finishing university or looking for your first role in this industry.
The cornerstone of this role will be communication as you will have daily contact with farmers and agricultural businesses via phone and face-to-face. This role is specifically focused on processing seed for farmers in the local area.
- Customer focus – puts the customer, internal or external, at the heart of what they do
- Strong organisational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Confident and professional manner
- Excellent communicator
- Highly motivated
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, customer focused industry
Good agricultural knowledge or a degree in agriculture is preferred but not essential as training will be provided to enable you to understand the challenges, opportunities, and expectations of this role.
The role – Key responsibilities
Through our dedicated induction and ongoing training programme you will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Manage day to day seed production planning
- Develop and maintain existing customer relationships with expectations to further develop our mobile seed processing service
- Generate business from new customers
- Identify customer needs and requirements and make proposals/find solutions to meet their needs
- Manage proposals, negotiate and close sales
- Flexibility and a positive attitude are important to assist with meeting seasonal production demands especially during the harvest period
- Participate fully in training to achieve all of the above
Why work for AGS?
At AGS, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Contributory pension plan offering you a choice of contributing levels of up to 7% which is matched by us
- 25 days holiday (per annum) in addition to bank holidays with the opportunity to purchase up to an additional 5 day holiday per year
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which provides 24 hour support and advice on a variety of topics including financial and well-being
- Access to money saving discounts at selected retailers through our Employee Discounts Programme and our Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to free eye tests across all roles
If you are interested and would like to find out more information, please call us on 01206 263334 OR 01832 274093